Monday, January 29, 2018

Pantoum on Multifactorial Burnout with a Side of Absurd


They tasted 27 flavors of Gu and ranked them all.
Cucumber Mint fared poorly, as did Tastefully Nude.
I can't say I'm surprised. It also turns out
siding with the underdog in prison is ill-advised.

Cucumber Mint fared poorly, as did Tastefully Nude,
but I am still deciding when to refuel.
"Siding with the underdog in prison is ill-advised"
could flow from my pen to him, but then who am I?

But I am still deciding when to refuel.
Thoughts churning, stomach yearning, calves burning, patience
could flow from my pen to him but then who am I
To be so strong when none of it makes sense.

Thoughts churning, stomach yearning, calves burning, patients
Needing endless attention and someone else
To be so strong when none of it makes sense.
My treehouse home and freedom from want is some recompense.

Needing endless attention, and someone else
To laugh with me about everything, stupid and wise.
My treehouse home and freedom from want is some recompense,
my retreat from disenchantment in its thin disguise.

To laugh with me, about everything! Stupid and wise.
I can't say I'm surprised it also turns out
my retreat from disenchantment, in its thin disguise,
is also my fuel: Love, in 27 million flavors of pain and doubt.

JH 1/29/18






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful
    Feeling 💔😢💔💔💔

    ReplyDelete